Motivate, Educate, Empower
Healing Broken Vessels, Inc. (HBV) is a non profit 501 (c) (3) organization founded by Diantha S. McLeod in January of 2010. This organization addresses the needs of unskilled non-professional and economically disadvantaged women in Wilson County, by providing essential educational services such as: computer, life development skills and other supportive services.
We at HBV promote lifestyle workshops and seminars that will help enhance and increase people's motivation in becoming self-sufficient through developing specific skills for entrance into the work environment.
We are also a training site for the National Council on Aging. This is a federally-funded program that offers women 55 and older, an entry back into the workplace. So far over 16 women have graduated from our GRAYCE Project Program. They have learned, or added basic computer and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) to their skills. 3 have become employed and 4 have updated their skills and have transitioned into our OJT Program.
- Goal 1: Purchase chrome notebooks, laptops, or mac notebooks to teach offsite courses and webinars like The GRAYCE Project and Microsoft Office Training
- Goal 2: Increase contributions through social media, web marketing, and increased content coming from HBV
- Goal 3: Find a rent-free building
- Goal 4: Find a Grant Writer.
- Goal 5: Find an Assistant Director of Operations
Watch us as we grow, meet our goals, and help our community in the process!